COVID-19 update, 15.11.2020:
Even though according to the current BAG regulations we can have more people in the studio, I’ve decided to temporarily limit the number of students to 8 per class. I hope like this everyone will feel safe and comfortable during the practice.
Sign ups are still recommended – just to make sure you have space in the class. Please remember to wear a mask when you enter the studio, you don’t have to wear it during the practice. Here you can find other protective measures we take in the studio. And if you don’t want to practice in a group setting, you can join the weekly online class or book a discounted private class. Take care and stay healthy!
You can join two types of Ashtanga Yoga classes:
- The traditional way to practice Ashtanga Yoga is Mysore style – a class where each student learns the sequence individually, with help of the teacher. For more information check: Mysore.
- Apart from Mysore I teach guided Led classes. In those classes all students practice the sequence together, guided by the teacher. For more information check: Ashtanga Led. There you can also find information about the Full Primary Led class that takes place every first Sunday of the month.
If you are a beginner with no experience in Ashtanga or yoga whatsoever, I suggest you start with the basics in Ashtanga Led class I or Mysore. You can also join the Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga workshop – there you can learn all the necessary theory and technique of Ashtanga that will make the start easier for you.
Normally you need to sign up only for the weekend classes and the class at the LiLi Centre. For other regular classes you can just drop in without notice. However, because the number of students in the class is limited right now, I suggest you sign up for each class you attend to secure your spot. Here you can find extra tips on how to use Fitogram.
For those of you, who want to practice from home or for other reasons can’t make it to the studio, I teach one online class a week through Zoom. You can find all the details about online classes here.
All the classes are taught in English. I also speak basic German and in most of the classes I demonstrate the poses while teaching – don’t hesitate to join even if your English is limited!
Schedule changes and updates:
- If there is no space in the class you want to join, please put your name on the waiting list or contact me. People sometimes cancel their bookings and in the mornings I have the possibility to extend the Mysore class so that everyone can practice.
- Because the number of students is limited right now, I’ve made a temporary adjustment and changed the Gentle Vinyasa on Thursdays to another Ashtanga Led class I. I will start teaching the moon sequence again when all the beginner Ashtangis can fit in the Tuesday evening class.
- The Ashtanga I class on Thursday at 9:15 normally takes place at the LiLi Centre. However, because the room there is too small to follow the social distancing rules, we will meet at the studio in Weggisgasse until the covid regulations change.
Here you can find Ashtanga Yoga Luzern Terms and Conditions.