Christmas is just around the corner and I know that the preparations keep everyone busy this month. I hope you can still find a moment to unroll your yoga mat and do some sun salutations. Finding the time for your practice might be a challenge, but the clarity and peace that you feel afterwards will help you with all the other tasks throughout the day. Also, you are always welcome in the quiet space of the Mysore class – even if you want to do just a short practice. It’s all about showing up!
Below you can find information about schedule changes and events in the next two months.
- Because of the upcoming holidays there will be a few schedule changes in December. The validity of all the yoga passes will be adjusted accordingly.
- December 8th (Saturday) is a public holiday. The morning Led class won’t take place.
- There will be no evening Led class on December 18th (Tuesday). There’s no holiday, but it’s my birthday and even yogis get to celebrate sometimes ;-) Hope to see you in the morning Mysore instead.
- I will be away for Christmas between December 21st evening (Friday) till December 26th (Wednesday). From Thursday on the classes will take place according to the regular schedule.
- There will be no classes on January 1st (Tuesday).
- In January there will be a few great opportunities to start your yoga practice. On January 5th I will teach an Ashtanga Open Class – a free class with a short introduction to the method. New students will have a chance to buy a pass for a discounted price. Maybe you have a friend who is thinking of coming to yoga? Let them know!
- January 6th is a holiday, but I will still teach the Full Primary Series Led class. If you have some experience in Ashtanga Yoga, then you can give a try to the whole first sequence. Guruji used to say: “Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory” – after this class I give a short talk so that you can learn some philosophy and have your questions answered.
- Beginner Yogis can join the Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga workshop on January 12th. In this workshop I explain the basic theory and techniques of Ashtanga Yoga so that you can start your practice in regular classes with a solid foundation. Also recommended for people who visited some classes, but who feel that they would like to know more about the exact method.
- We will end the month with a Backbending workshop on January 26th. Backbends can be very challenging, even for more seasoned practitioners. In the workshop we will go through different preparations that open our hips, chest and shoulders. We will also have a look at the alignment of different backbends that we do in Ashtanga and learn how to do them in a safe way. We will conclude the workshop with a sequence of therapeutic asanas that can help you with a back pain.
Enjoy the last weeks of 2018, take care and see you on the mat!