If the ocean can calm itself, so can you.
We are both salt water mixed with air.
‘Meditation’, Nayyirah Waheed
Time on a beautiful island goes by very fast – I really enjoyed the two weeks of practice and assisting Petri Räisänen in Thailand. But at the same time I was looking forward to teaching again in Lucerne – I returned energised and inspired, excited about everything I’ve learnt and ready to share it with you!
Also, I’m glad that so many of you managed to come to do self-practice and to Ladina’s classes while I was away – it’s great to see that you could motivate yourselves to step on the yoga mat and you kept the energy level in the studio high by practicing together!
Below you can find an update about schedule changes and events in the upcoming weeks.
- February will be filled with classes and special events! We will start on February 1st (Saturday) with an Introduction workshop for yogis that are new to the Ashtanga Yoga method. You can also join the workshop if you have already practiced for some time, but you want to know more about the theory, techniques and alignment of the asanas we do in the class.
- More advanced practitioners might want to join the first Full Primary Series Led class this year on February 2nd (Sunday). This class is followed by half an hour of breathing techniques – Pranayama. Please sign up if you are planning to join!
- On February 8th you can join a workshop about Bandhas, breath and vinyasa. Bandhas are an important component of the Ashtanga Yoga method. A proper understanding on how to use the muscles of the pelvic floor and the lower abdomen will not only help you to do the poses, but will also bring lightness and energy into your practice.
- From February on I will apply two small schedule changes. As some of you already know, the Monday evening class will be changed to a Led class II and will start at 19.15. I hope this time will be more convenient for you and you will be able to join the class. On your request I will also start morning Mysore classes at 6.15 instead of 6.30. You can now have enough time to finish your practice before you have to head to work. And if that seems very early for you, don’t worry – you can still come to the class later, making sure that you are done with your sequence before 8.30. You can always find an updated schedule on this page.
- As I mentioned in the last newsletter, the Saturday class is not a very popular one. I will give the weekend yogis one more chance and teach the class till the end of February – please show up if you are interested in practicing on Saturdays, otherwise this class will be taken off the schedule from March on.
- Because the old town becomes very loud and busy during the carnival, the studio will be closed between February 20th (Thursday) and 25th (Tuesday). Enjoy the winter break and I will be looking forward to teaching again after Fasnacht!