Before you’ve practiced, the theory is useless. After you’ve practiced, the theory is obvious. – David Williams
I hope you all had a good start into 2019 and that you made some yoga-related New Year’s resolutions ;-) If so, then I will try my best to help you stick to them and give you many opportunities to do yoga. My wish for this year is to see the Ashtanga community in Lucerne growing, so that all the classes in the new studio fill up. This is slowly happening and I’m happy that many new people join Ashtanga classes and that the regular students stick to the practice making so much progress.
Below you can find information about schedule changes and events in the next two months.
- I slightly adjusted the class schedule and renamed the evening classes to make the difficulty level more clear. In “Ashtanga Led class I” (Tuesday & Friday) I teach approximately 1/3 of the Ashtanga Primary Series – the class is good for beginners and those of you who would like to do a gentler practice on that day. In “Ashtanga Led class II” (Thursday & Saturday) we do half of the first sequence or a little bit more, so you might need some experience in yoga before joining.
- On your request I will offer 3-months Yoga Passes. The pass will cost CHF 600 and will be valid for all the classes I teach. It comes with a 10% discount for all the workshops and a possibility to freeze it for one week in case you are away. You can find the full price list on the website.
- Next Saturday (January 26th) I will teach a Backbending workshop. We will explore preparations for different backbends and the correct technique to do them. The workshop will be adjusted to different levels so don’t hesitate to join even if you are not very advanced yet. Backbends have always been my favourite poses, so I’m really looking forward to it!
- I was happy to see such a positive reaction to the first Ashtanga Open Class in January. I will make it a regular event so that new students can join a free class and try out if Ashtanga Yoga is something for them. The next open class is scheduled for February 23rd (Saturday) at 14:00.
- Because the old town becomes very lively during the carnival and we might be disturbed by the noise, the studio will be closed for couple of days from February 28th until March 5th. The validity of all the yoga passes will be adjusted accordingly.
As you know, the new studio is still a work in progress, so I’m very open to hear your feedback about the place or the class schedule and your ideas for events you would like to attend. Let’s keep creating this space together, thank you for all your support!