Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from cares, which will not withdraw from us.
I’m writing to you with a short update and only happy news! After three long months of having to follow different covid-related restrictions, since one week the yoga studio is finally fully open. This transition back to normality made me appreciate all the little things I used to take for granted – being able to see your faces, to adjust you, to freely walk around the room with no mask. And with this newly regained freedom, I will make sure this summer is filled with yoga and you have lots of opportunities to practice!
Below you can find information about the summer in our studio:
- I will start with the news everyone has been waiting for: our yoga retreat. We will spend September 23-26th in a lovely little hotel in Ticino, diving deep into different aspects of the Ashtanga Yoga practice. There will be traditional Mysore classes, workshops, talks and some free time for you to explore the beautiful Maggia Valley. The retreat will be small and, judging by your excitement, I expect it to fill up very quickly, so don’t miss your spot! You can find all the information here.
- The weather hasn’t been spoiling us this summer, but on sunny weekends we will still meet for outdoor classes in the Dreilindenpark in Lucerne. The next class is scheduled for this Sunday, July 11th, at 10.00. You can register through the website till Saturday at 15.00. More info.
- The Saturday after, on July 17th, I will teach the postponed workshop about integrating Vinyasa into your yoga practice. We will practice the breath-movement connection and I will show you different preparations and techniques for transitions between asanas. You can find more information about the workshop here.
- Because most of you are practicing in the studio now, I will cut the online streaming of the classes to just one day per week – Thursday. I hope this class will help you to unroll your mat during your holidays or whenever you can’t make it to the studio in person.
- Even though the number of students is not as limited as it was in the last couple of months, I will ask you to keep signing up for each class you attend. It really helps me to prepare and organise the classes, especially during the summer, when the studio tends to be a bit emptier. You can book any time and cancel your booking until 3 hours before the class. If I see there are no bookings until then (or until 21.00 for early morning classes), the class will be cancelled. If you happen to have any problems with your booking, don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
- I’m planning to teach normally throughout the whole summer and our class schedule won’t be modified. I might be away for some day trips and long weekends – such small changes will be announced under the class schedule and in our WhatsApp group*.